Is the Ishayas' Ascension a cult?

I suppose curious minds want to know, especially for those coming from a Christian background. It is important to note that the Ascension techniques require no belief—religious or otherwise—in order for anyone to benefit from them. In other words, whatever you believe or don't believe, it simply does not matter!

Healing naturally takes place as one practices the Ascension techniques. Fear-based mental programs begin to break down and the individual’s perspective is broadened, not through some new dogmatic belief from the outside, but through personal experience budding into subsequent inner knowing, which provides the validation one needs to be seated in contentment and peace (i.e. the Peace that Passeth Understanding).

At times, this journey of expansion and growth may spark a desire in the individual to dedicate and surrender his/her self to God, by stepping onto the journey of monkhood. This is a very personal matter, a very deep spiritual choice and commitment. It is also where the Ishaya lineage offers the opportunity and guidance to assist one in awakening to his/her awareness of God, to master a life of inner and outer purity and fullness, ready to offer true service to God and humanity.

The Ishayas never teach what one should or should not believe; there are no dictates of who God is and how God is or how one should behave. Answers to those questions rest upon the novitiate monk to discover and contemplate within, through focused devotion and commitment to using the practice. While the lineage comes with competent guidance along the way, intelligent inquiry is encouraged so that the novitiate arrives at his/her own Knowing and relationship to God. After which, confirmation from guidance ensues.

From my own experience walking the path of the Ishayas, my personal choice is always honored, no matter how inherently ignorant or clear. Instead of being told which choices I had better make, I turn to my practice of Ascension which opens me to see into my choice point. Am I making a fear-based choice? Have I neglected what should not be ignored? When I open myself to ask for help, higher guidance is always there to shine light upon where I am compromising, therefore I learn by seeing how previous choices led to my experiences here and now, so that I may fine-tune and re-anchor my present choices upon the foundation of Love instead of fear.

People from all walks of faith learn Ascension and love the practice! I happen to come from a more conservative Christian background, so it is of utmost importance to me that whatever practice I choose only leads me closer to God, opens me completely to receive His love and to love Him as Jesus Christ did, while utterly dissolving any self-blame, shame or guilt. For me, the tools of Ascension is my personal form of prayer and meditation that does exactly that! No matter where I am, but especially when I am standing in church singing hymns of praise, ever more connected I feel to God, and ever more fulfilled I experience by the Holy Spirit. As it was through prayer in the name of Jesus Christ that I was led to the Art of Ascension, so too, through prayer will I continue walking this path until He stirs in my soul otherwise.

In that light, I leave it to you dear reader, is this a cult?

The author of this article writes from her unique Christian upbringing and personal experiences from practicing the Art of Ascension. Viewpoints expressed herein do not change the fact that Ascension is simply a neutral tool that points one inward to discover his/her Spiritual Truth.

#Ascension-prayer     #Ascension-Meditation     #IshayasAscension     #FirstSphere     #AscensionInTheWorld